A couple nights ago Joe and I watched a war movie and for some reason it really got me thinking on a few things about our country. Then we went to dinner and I saw a picture that was like wow...it was The Statue of Liberty crying...I won't go into detail how I was relating all of these things in my head to the church, but I do want to share with you something I found that might make you think. The guy who wrote this had so many interesting things to say, but this was great...He's just talking about how people have become mean-spirited, intellectually-stunted moral barbarians and can't express empathy or guilt...it deffinatly makes me want to be better...He gives us the examples Jesus left us to follow and then shows how people now react to those attributes.
The poor in spirit are considered to be impotent and irrelevant in a culture that thrives on egoism and self-promotion.
Those who mourn over moral injuries and tragedies are instructed to “get over it,” take some pills to mask the pain, and “move on”.
The meek are crushed by aggressive, acquisitive mobs.
Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness find that their efforts to satisfy, slake or quench are in vain as they wander a seemingly endless spiritual wasteland.
The merciful are considered weak and fall prey to those who abuse their compassion for their own personal gain.
The pure in heart are exploited as a reward for their decency.
The peacemakers are ridiculed as idealists, cowards, and collaborators with the latest enemy our plutocracy has created to justify its endless wars.
5 comments:
Wow Chels, Pretty amazing! Dont ever change a thing about yourself.
Thanks Chelsea! Very nice thoughts! It's much appreciated!!
Christa
AMEN to everything! I couldn't agree more! thanks chels!
To everything good there is an equal and opposite. There needs be oposition in all things. For all that is evil there is still so much good... just some random quotes that came into my mind as I read your post. It was very thought provoking, thanks. BTW: You and Joe did a fab job on your talks in Sacrament a few weeks ago!
Post a Comment