Sunday, November 2, 2008

some might say shes a cow...


I Can't believe mom had open heart surgery on Friday...Yes, Open heart surgery. Joe and I went to see her yesterday and she looked miserable. I hate to see her like that. Luckily for the priestood Joe and dad were able to give her a blessing...and that made me feel a lot more comfortable. I keep hearing open heart surgery is the hardest to recover from. Luckily for my mom she is young enough they said she should recover quickly. They also said she is recovering quiet well, but when I saw her, she did not look quiet well...It's so hard to see the person who raised you and took care of you in pain like that. And she is really one of the very best people I know. I love her so much and hope this will help her feel better and not so tired all the time. She now has part of a cow in her. (the new valve). Since she had her surgery on Halloween we kept telling her she needed to be a cowgirl..lol but anyway mom, get feeling better. We are all praying for you and hoping for a quick recovery...I love you today, tomorrow, and a l w a y s... never ever forget it!

8 comments:

mindy said...

sorry to hear this. i know how hard this is. my dad had a triple bypass {open heart surgery} when i was in 6th grade.

isn't the priesthood amazing?

i hope she recovers quickly!

what a gorgeous picture of the two of you.

Sandi said...

Chelsea, I had not heard anything about this - please post and let us know her progress and when she will be coming home- Tell her we are all thinking bout her!

Misti and Stratton said...

Chelsea tell your mom that we love her and thinking of her she is the sweetest lady i know, and when she gets better maybe her and gunner can compare their scars ok maybe not, but they will always hold that cow close to their hearts.

Kacie said...

Chelsea~ Im so sorry to hear that! What a hard time. I hope that she recovers quickly!!! We will keep her in our prayers. by the way, you look GORGEOUS in that picture. Not that you dont always!

Bekah: said...

Wow! I had no idea. I even talked to Joe FOREVER today and didn't ask how she was.

So why did she get it?

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I'm sorry she had to have but happy things are going well so far with her!
She is such an incredible woman and I love being around her. She made me feel at home instantly. Thanks for sharing your family with us :]

Krista said...

:) actually some might say she is a PIG... (silly dr.) Love you Chels sweet post, I sure love our MOMMA!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a hard time that is. Most of them go ok, but you just never know. I am glad they say she is doing good. I hope she gets even better quickly.