Monday, April 6, 2009

its a start


The process of food storage has begun.
Thank you Joe for picking everything up and getting things going.
(he is amazing)
we canned 3 different types of beans.
and next month will be rice.
(you can only pick up 13 bags every 30 days)

this was the last of everything, behind the counter on the other side of joe, there are cans piled up.

It felt so good to get food storage!
I know we will be blessed through it.

11 comments:

Kacie said...

Isn't it the best feeling. It is so nice to get some done and know you are following our prophet, however small the amount is....
I always feel great afterwards! Now all I need to do is learn to cook with it!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

That's awesome. We just started our "family food storage plan" so we can do what you said and add something each month. It really does feel so good. And your kitchen is adorable!! I love the colors.

Anonymous said...

good for you.


(for a second i couldn't tell if joe was busting a move or canning.)

Krista said...

Woot woot!
Go Chels, learning to cook with it is the fun part! BEANS for life (gas for life) hahaha Just KIDDING. That is awesome though!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

OH man! I wish I had come and borrowed like Joe said I could! :( I need to be on top of things more and get going on our food storage. It's so pitiful right now.

Copple's said...

Way to go! Do you do the multiplication in your head while you are running to determine how many pounds of flour and sugar and wheat and rice that you need. 1 person for 1 month and times it by three . j/k
Good work, your awesome!

jackie said...

cute kitchen!! and yay for food storage!

Andrew and Jena said...

oh chelsea!! you are the cutest thing... and your kitchen is adorable!! I need your address ASAP so i can send you an wedding announcement/invite! :)

Andrew and Jena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew and Jena said...

thank you chelsea! It was quite the road trip we had!! :) and yes! My email is jenahatch@hotmail.com.. thanks again!!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous. I am trying little by little to get my going. I take frequent trips to the dollar store. Ha! You are amazing with all of your storage. You need to teach me!