Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Can you shake me any harder?

We met with the fetal cardiologist on Monday and got to see what our little mans heart was doing and not doing. Basically the left side of his heart does not work and the right side is working double time. We talked and learned about the Norwood, Glenn, and Fontan surgeries. The Norwood is the first surgery he'll have ranging from 3-7 days old. The glenn will happen anywhere between 3-6 months and the fontan will occur between the age of 2-4 years. It breaks my heart knowing our baby will have to undergo three open heart surgeries before he is 4 years old, but we know it's his best chance of survival. We also learned we won't be able to bring him home until after the recovery of the second surgery because of the altitude change in the mountains. Which brings Joe and I to some more difficult decisions pertaining to Joes second year of nursing, splitting our family, babysitters, moving, styaing, jobs, and many many more. We have no idea what we are going to do. I just feel like someone has grabed me by the sholders and has shaken the wits out of me. It's so reasurring to have Joe by my side. Its a little weird I can feel peace while being shaken so hard. But thats the great blessing of the Holy Ghost. We will see what the future holds, I know whatever it has in store for us we will be ok and we will and already have grown from this experience.

On a lighter note, You know your emotions are running high when your listening to Usher's- Oh My Gosh and you start crying...Then laughing because your crying when the USH man is singing "girl you got a booty like wow oh wow". Need I say more? Emotional wreck...OVER HERE.

I also just realized the place where you leave comments on my blog says who haaass... anyone know what a who ha is? Or is that just Joes dirty word? hehe

Also my sweet Ryah Jane turned 3! My mother-in-law is awesome! She came over made Ryah her favorite pancake and bacon/sausage breakfast, then she threw her an amazing afternoon party with all her family and friends. I was reclining watching her do everything since I was on bed rest. She has been so helpful and is so so amazing! I don't know what I would do without her right now. Ryah wanted a hello kitty bike for her birthday (pretty random) but thats what she got! So here are some pictures of the party...these are for you Kate, James, Krista, Shelley, Nate and Randy.

Aubree overdosing on sugar
My sweet Mckay and Nolan
some of the fam


Gavin and Ian thrilled with shooting their lizard

Joe being a good daddy to all those kids


Eden also overdosing on sugar

And the sweet birthday girl! We love you so much Ryah, you have been so fun and you are such a good girl! You have the best personality and you are always keeping me laughing. I'm sorry I cut your bangs really bad,
You are still super cute! I hope you had a good birthday!

13 comments:

kate said...

You do have some tough decisions. You guys will make the right ones.

..and ooooooh my goodness, this made me laugh so hard. I nearly peed my pants when you said you we're crying cause' of the Ush-man. hahaha! And who-ha.... not just Joe's dirty word.

You make me wanna say oh, oh, oh-oh, oh, oh, oh-oh....

Unknown said...

its so crazy how one thing happens and the whole life plan changes for everyone in the family. you guys are wonderful parents and I am sure Heavenly Father has a lot of blessing to follow this really hard trial. wish i was there to give you a hug!!

your girls are adorable! there is nothing like a sugar coma on a birthday. happy birthday sweet ryah!!

Jaime S. said...

dang it. i'm sorry your little man is having such a rough time. soooo sorry. loved seeing you guys this weekend!

Jana Adams said...

I am so sorry you are having to go through all this. You and Joe are amazing! We are here if you need ANYTHING, we miss you guys!!

kasey kaufusi said...

chels we are thinking of you daily over here! and suli thinks that i should breath whoo haa when i am having contractions, then i told him it was a dirty word. and USH man really knows how to speak to the soul!! love ya.

Krista said...

Oh Chels,
this post had me crying, laughing and missing you like crazy!!
You are just amazing! I hope Ryah had the best birthday evA! She rocks my socks!
Her bangs crack me up, i am sure they are even a little grown out, haha. she is still as beautiful as can be.
I love you Chels, hang in there and know the Lord is right by yourside, and you have an amazing husband helping you through it all.
wish i could be there. Love ya sis!

taylorfamily said...

Hi, you may not remember me, but I was your visiting teacher in the 12th ward for a little while. I am terribly sorry to hear all of this. I think that's what andrea and jared gunnel just went through with their little boy. I think you might need to talk to them, they might be able to comfort some of your fears as well. I know that everything will turn out for you guys, I will keep your sweet family in my thoughts and prayers. And please keep everyone updated. I found your blog through the gallups blog, I hope you don't mind.

mindy said...

I haven't commented in forever. Kates friend Mindy- anyways...so sorry to hear about ur sweet baby! You will have lots of prayers throughout the surgeries & support!

I couldn't help but think of our friends up in Utah- her newborn little baby boy just had open heart surgery. (Ill try & find a link to their blog)

& who haaaas....Hahahaha

mindy said...

http://livelyleavitts.blogspot.com/
Not the same heart defect...but a struggle still the same. Just thought u could read it! That's our family friend.

Clint and Jeni Hatch said...

Oh Chels! I just love you! You guys are such great examples to everyone! Hang in there!

{Jesica Huffaker} said...

Hey Chelsea I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts & prayers. If anyone can handle a situation like this gracefully, it's you. Please, please, PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Chelsea! I'm sorry to hear about your sweet baby! Let me know WHENEVER you need me to take your sweet girls. I know it will be hard for you to leave them with grandmas or aunties & uncles whatever, so if you EVER need me to come get them, bring them to play and then drop them off, ANYThing you know who to call ok? Same goes to you if you need somewhere to crash WITH the girls, we have plenty of room, and would love to house you for however long or short you need!
We'll be keeping yall in our prayers for some serious decisions to make and for your family to pull through whatever the decisions are. :) Love you sweet lady!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

ps, Ask Andrea Gunnel what to expect because I'm pretty sure she had to do all of those surgeries with Kyson. Or at least something similar.