Thursday, September 15, 2011

news for the day

The one thing I can say today is the Lord is watching over us.

 Monday I had and ultrasound and stress test at PPA (Phoenix Perinatal Associates). The stress test went well, but the ultrasound was showing fluid around his lungs. This became a great concern for the doctors so they wanted Dr. Stock the cardiologist to take a second look. So I had to stay another day and on Tuesday, he confirmed there was indeed quiet a bit more fluid around the lungs then they had ever seen in previous ultrasounds. The couldn't figure out the cause, HPLH babies don't usually have this kind of problem. They thought it was signs of possible heart failure, possibly the stent rubbing the heart and causing a blood leak into the lung cavity, or his body just responding to an over worked heart. The Doctors had began to tell me we might have to deliver within the next two to ten days. I felt overwhelmed and so scared. I did not want that to happen, I knew he wasn't going to have a chance if this were the case. I called Joe weeping. I knew I had an appointment on Thursday (today) but did not want to stay in the valley. I had to come home. I needed a break. I had not been home since Boston and needed some time. I was so overwhelmed and mentally exhausted. So I packed all my things up and came home. 

I'm pretty sure half the way home I prayed and cried in confusion the other half. But I made it home, I got to see Joe cried a little more and felt so much better.We saddled up the horse, took the girls for a ride and enjoyed the rest of the night together. I needed so badly to be home with my husband. I rely on him so much for that solid support and love that he gives me. Wednesday was a wonderful day. It felt normal and routine. I loved it. I never loved a grocery trip to wal-mart so much and never enjoyed to clean my house like I did yesterday.

Today (Thursday) I got up at 5:30 am got dressed and headed to the valley for my 9:00 am appointment. I had my stress test, then went back to the ultrasound room to see where the fluid was at around his lungs. So the tech came in took pictures, said she thought the fluid looked about the same but wasn't sure. Then the doctor came in because he thought he might have seen a little bit of fluid around the heart and wanted a better look. SO... I waited in anticipation as we both sat quietly as he took pictures, thought...and took more pictures.

He turned to me with a look a bewilderment and said,
"the fluid that was in his lung cavity is no longer there.
I don't know what happened because he had almost 6 cm of fluid there and now, there is nothing"...
He could not give me an explanation, but I don't think I needed one.

 I don't know all of Heavenly Father's plan (actually any of Heavenly Fathers plan), but one thing I do know is he is watching over me and our sweet son. I know he knows my thoughts and feelings, my anxieties and fears. Almost instantly when the doctor told me the good news, I felt a heavy weight lifted off my shoulders. I'm pretty sure I was grinning ear to ear.

So guess what, good news did come our way!


                      The much needed daddy daughter time, cutest hubby ever and sweetest girls ever!

8 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

So happy for the good news!!! If there is anything you will learn throughout this journey it is that the Lord is very aware of you and your family and your son. You will witness many miracles and your faith with grow! It's not easy, but in the end you will be grateful because this trial will teach you more than you could learn any other way.
I am curious...are you planning on delivering here in the valley? Are you going back to Boston at all?
Always thinking and praying for you!

Unknown said...

this is awesome news!!! so glad some of the stress is gone. :)

Traci Butler said...

I seriously have to bring out the box of tissues every time I read your new updates. I am so happy things showed up better on today's ultrasound!! I think about you guys a lot. Call if you're in a pinch with your girlies... or anything else for that matter.

Velika said...

Thank you so much for the updates. We're still praying for you.

kasey kaufusi said...

Thats awesome news Chelsea! I am so glad that you get a little stress relief :)

Hiatt Family said...

Oh, that is amazing! I am so glad that you were able to have that experience & that things are taking a turn for the better. Thanks for sharing!

Dennison Family said...

Hi Chelsea,
You don't know me, but my name is Liz Dennison. I had a son with HLHS, and a bunch of other problems. I was given your blog by a friend. I'm glad you have already met Andrea Gunnell...she is AMAZING!! I hope you don't mind me following your blog. I am praying for you and your sweet boy and your family. I know the journey you have taken and will take....it isn't easy, but there are SO MANY tender mercies and blessings that will come. I love your faith and testimony. That will be what carries you through.
Heart ((HUGS)),
Liz

Sarah said...

Oh Chels. We have sure had you guys in our prayers. Been thinkin about you and will continue to. Let me know if you need anything at all. I would be there in a second.

Lots of love, Sarah and Shelby