Tuesday, November 1, 2011
a miracle indeed
I don't even know where to begin with this post... I've been putting it off because I can't even begin to tell the story of our sweet son without getting overwhelmed. I can say this has been one of the sweetest and scariest experiences. I will try not to put the graphic pictures on. So you see I only put up a few.
Part of his story:
Brigham arrived at 2:18 p.m. on Wednesday October 26, 2011. I was induced around 10:00 am. After 15 minutes of being fully dilated and fully effaced waiting on doctors I was ready to push. Two pushes later, he was out. weighing 7 pounds and 22 inches long. I can't and won't go into details, but it
was a very emotional birth with lots of doctors, nurses, and the transport team. I can't put into words the fight our little Brig put up. His story is truly a miracle. He is such a tough guy and we have been able to spend six wonderful days with him so far! Joe has been updating on his facebook if you want more details about the past six days.
The highlights...
survived delivery
survived placing of stent one hour after delivery.
no significant organ or brain damage.
I got to hold him.
six days close to Brigham and close to the Lord.
Brig received a name and a blessing.
survived major open heart surgery with heart and lung bypass at 6 days old.
I hope to continue to keep adding on to these highlights. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We have been so blessed with so much support and help! We love you!
Brigham, we love you son. You have been so tough! Keep fighting sweet boy. I am so amazed by you and have loved having you and being close to you. Your little body has been working so hard, keep fighting Brigg! Your mamma loves you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. i have been following everything about your sweet boy. he is beautiful. miracles do happen!
I just want you to know, I've been praying for you and your sweet boy. Thanks for taking the time to update.
Chelsea you guys are amazing, I chatted with Kate the day Brigham was born, he is such a fighter and a strong spirit! We love you guys so much and we are so happy to be getting joes little happy updates everyday! I just want you to know we are here for you and praying for you everyday! LOVE YOU!!
kasey, suli and leila
we could not be more excited. i knew this little guy would be a fighter, but boy is he ever a fighter. he is so sweet, and so adorable by all the pictures i see. what a miracle he already is. So grateful you guys have been given so much time with him already. thanks for keeping us posted in your very personal time-you inspire all of us!
Oh I am so happy for you guys, and touched by your story. I have been thinking about you guys every day, and checking your blog every day. I am keeping you guys and your sweet baby in my prayers. Love, Courtney (Peterson) Curt.
I have read so many incredible stories lately of children who are such strong fighters and I love being able to hear your story too. If all these kids are able to fight so strong physically even from the beginning, imagine how strong they will be fighting spiritually when they are older. I think Heavenly Father really did save the best for last! You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I know you are loving every precious minute with your sweet boy.
Oh your little family is going through so much and it breaks my heart. I hope you can feel everyone's love and support because there are so many that care about you, joe and your precious baby Brigham. Hang in there!!
Chelsea your little Brigham is such a special boy that has touched SOOO many people lives. I am constantly checking facebook for updates you have soo many people praying for you & your beautiful boy!! All I can say its he is SOOO like his Father! Joe is such a fighter and doesnt let any one stop him. We are praying for you guys and sweet Brigham!!!
You have been in our thoughts and prayers. We are so happy to hear the good news. What a fighter!
I am so glad everything is turning out! I have been keeping you guys in my prayers. He is beautiful!
Post a Comment