For some reason we just can't seem to get this Boston thing right... Thanks to hurricane Irene, we are out of commission to fly out Sunday to Boston. All flights were canceled.
We are back to square one. I talked to Dr. Tworetzky today on the phone and talked and re-talked over the risks and benefits of doing the in utero surgery. I came to the conclusion that whatever we do there are going to be risks involved. If we do the surgery we are taking several different risks. If we don't do the surgery, we are also taking several different risks. So there is no way around the risks we have to make for this sweet son of ours. We had talked about me getting to far into my pregnancy to do the surgery and if the surgery didn't happen soon, it's not going to happen at all. They don't want to put me into preterm labor and make all the complications worse so we came to the agreement that I needed to get it done this week or take the risk and not get it done at all. So as for now our new flight arrangements are set for Wednesday Aug 31 and the surgery will be Friday the 2 of Sep.
It is almost comical that there hasn't been a hurricane near Boston for 20 years and the weekend we plan to go there one hits. It really feels like a bad joke that I don't get. I hope someday I will understand all this a little better, because right now I am really frustrated, nervous, anxious.. and confused.
Joe reminded me today we have so much to be grateful for though... I just have to remember those things instead of focusing on all the little things that seem to be dragging out and making me feel so frustrated. I really need to enjoy all the good in my life right now, because Joe is right...We have so much and feel so blessed to have so much good in our life.
Maybe we can make it there on Wednesday, this time I'm not going to get my hopes up!
Thanks to this guy my chin is still up and I still feel sane. Thanks Joe for making me feel like I'm the only person in the world! I would would be still crying about a flight change if it weren't for you:) I love you babe

6 comments:
I've been thinking about you and your sweet little boy. You are in my prayers. I know we weren't that close, but you've been in my heart lately. I just wanted you to know that our family is praying for you and yours. Sending our love.
Oh goodness Chelsea you guys have been through so much! Hang in there. Love you guys!
I have been thinking about you and checking your blog daily to hear any updates on how things went. I've been praying for you!
I have been thinking about you so much lately! I miss you and wish I could be close by to give you a big hug, watc a good old ,Oviedo and eat some chocolate. I miss sweet aubree & ryah's checks and fun personalities. I hope you are doing betterr, I have not heard about anything since you posted about the new surgery date. Everything go ok? Did it happen? Was Joe or so wonderful for holding your hand throughh it? I love you Chelsea, and I am praying for you and your family.
It was great hearing aout your insurance going through! Woohoo!! And the donation foundation for people who have to go to Boston! WONDERFUL,!!
Ps, I am SO sorry about Ryah getting her head stuck in the chair during sacrament, they always freak out in the most inconvenient places eh? ;)
I cannot believe how fast time has gone & that Ryah is going to preschool! Loved her blue outfit! Haha they're so funny trying t make an outfit! If cam had her way, it'd be all pink, or yellow.
Take care beautiful, and hug tha man of yours, because he truly is a great one! :)
Oviedo = movie :) checks = cheeks
I had no idea this was going on with your sweet little boy. As I read through your blog, I cried. I admire all your strength and hope for great results with the procedure and what lies ahead. Thinking about you <3
Post a Comment