We have finally decided on a name for our sweet little guy. It's funny we had so many different names we liked but could not put one to our sweet man, none of them worked. So after visiting Boston and doing our procedure at the Brigham and Women's hospital I fell in love with the name Brigham.
Brigham Paul Denhalter
I didn't even have to convince Joe of it. I told him this was what I thought his name should be and he said, well then that's his name. Joe probably just got tired of me trying to get his name right so just agreed:) But we got it right this time. I frequently talk to him and calling him Brigham feels right.
As for now I have Dr. visits at least twice a week. I am now 34 weeks and I'm still not totally prepared for anything. At my last appointment there were no new shockers. Which was a nice change. They are still a little baffled as to where the fluid went. Anyway as far as delivery and hospitals we have some more decisions to make...
We will be delivering at Banner Good Sams, right there next to Phoenix Children's Hospital. We were trying to get them do deliver me right at PCH so our son could go straight to the cath lab to get his stent in to stabilize him before the first surgery. But they said it was too dangerous for me, if I were to need something, a blood transfusion, an emergency c section or anything, they wouldn't have the right tools/people there to do it... so BGS it is...
This honestly scares me to death. They are probably going to have to put Brigham on a lung/heart bypass machine to transport him. It's called ECMO. We are running into troubles all over with this. I won't go into details, but it's going to be a very difficult process for our sweet boy. As decisions are made I will explain further. We are hoping by some miracle his blue and red blood are mixing on it's own so we can just put him on a breathing machine and incubator and rush him over to PCH. I know it's a repeat, but I know Heavenly Father has a plan... It's so much easier to bear when you can trust in someone who sees the whole picture. Because right now I feel like I can only see a glimpse of the picture. It has been hard to understand, but as time keeps being tossed my way I think I will keep getting better at understanding whats going on and what will happen.
I have some really cute pictures of our little guy, but I don't have a scanner... Hopefully soon I can get them up so you can see how handsome he it:) Just like his daddy
10 comments:
Hi Chelsea,
I love the name Brigham and how you came up with it. It's perfect!
My e-mail is edennison78@yahoo.com, so you can e-mail me. My son was on ECMO too, not right after he was born, but when he was 13 days old.
Anyways, I think you got my dance blog. :) My family blog, with Jake's story is tylerelizabethdennison.blogspot.com I haven't updated in a while...I'm lazy. :) To read Jake's story, just click on his picture. Don't worry if you don't feel comfortable reading about Jake. I'm not offended. :) IT can be scary sometimes.
If you do come down to the valley, I would love to give you something for your baby...
must be a relief to decide on a name for him :) one less thing for you guys to worry about! cant wait to see pictures. glad to hear they are taking care of you and planning everything out for your sweet boy.
I read your blog all the time but never comment. It breaks my heart to hear what your going through but you are so strong and have such a positive outlook. I love the name you choose and I'm so glad that no new problems have come up. I can't wait to see pictures and hear more updates. We are praying for your sweet family.
P.S. Kay and I live in the valley..so if you need anything at all let us know. We can watch the girls or do whatever you need. My e-mail is roxygirl_207@hotmail.com I know I don't actually know you (even though kay does) but if you need anything seriously don't hesitate to ask!!
Such a cute name! We love you guys.
That is his name! Love you guys.
Love the name!! Can't wait to see the pics! And happy u didn't get any more worse news!
Such a great name! I love it. So, I have a couple other questions:) Do you have to have a c-section? If so, when do they plan on doing it, do you know? I'll pray ECMO is not necessary but if it is, I'll pray everything will go smoothly with that!
I see that Liz left a message on your blog. She is an amazing angel heart Mom! I'm not sure if you've found any other heart Mom's but let me know if you want to connect with anyone. I know I said this before but there is an amazing community of heart Mom's that all strengthen one another and pray for one another.
Lots of prayers continue to come your way especially as your due date approaches!
Oh so cute!
I love that name! I look up to you so much! I'm glad you've been able to find out a few things, like deliveray and such. We'll be praying for you and for Brigham.
By the way, Brigham Paul is an adorable name :)
Post a Comment