Saturday, November 5, 2011

day 10

Sweet Little Brigham is doing so much better today! The first couple of days after surgery were so rocky. His numbers were crazy his heart rate was crazy, his lungs were deflated and his kidneys didn't seem to want to work! He was so swollen and looked terrible. The doctors here are amazing and are really working everything out. He is doing really good today. By really good I mean he's still not in great shape but much better. I will put up a few pictures of him when he's a bit less swollen. The news today is his creatnin levels are coming down, which means his kidneys are working a little better, the goals are to slowly ween him off a few meds, and are hoping to start giving him some breast milk (thank goodness, we are running out of room in the freezer). We are so encouraged by his improvements and we know the Lord is truly watching over our son.

On a different note...

Today I was thinking, you know those things you get tired out by when you have a baby?

Waking up ever few hours to feed.
Nestle them in bed with you as you feed.
Put cloths on and change those cloths when the poop out of a diaper or spit up.
Rock them for hours until they stop crying.
Hearing them cry.
Watching them open there eyes and look up at you.
Changing their diaper.
Swaddling them and holding them close to give comfort.
Watch them sleeping peaceful in a blanket.
Circumcision.
Family time (normality).

I will never take these things for granted again.

As for now, I consider myself pretty lucky that he is here on earth with our family. One step at a time. I just have to remind myself.

Thanks for all your prayers. We feel them and we feel everyones love and support! Thank you thank you...

10 comments:

kasey kaufusi said...

yay! happy news!! I love you guys and what you say is so true. You guys are amazing and we love you!!!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

That is good news. Prayers your way from our family. We love you and continue to think about you and this sweet little boy. xoxoxo hope you can feel our love!!

Sandi said...

You might be getting tired of hearing how amazing you are. But we really are so impressed at how you guys are handling all of this- Gosh you seem so mature- when did that happen? We are so appreciative that you take the time to give these updates- it helps us know exactly what to pray for :) I hope you continue to get good news!

Larson Family said...

I hope you get to have all those things soon.

Andrea Gunnell said...

Oh Chelsea! I remember these feelings so well...just wishing I could experience the "normal" baby things with my child. All I can tell you is, although you aren't experiencing normal, you are experiencing things you will never forget and will be eternally grateful for. I would never trade my experience of getting to know the Savior and having to rely on Him for anything. You are amazing and I think about and pray for you so often!

Unknown said...

i was thinking about that little guy today-so glad to hear happy news!!! you've made me forever grateful for my family and all my blessings. and i agree with sandi, thank you for keeping us updated so we know exactly what to pray for! hang in there baby brig!! cant wait to see him one day.

buba's bodacious babe said...

as I read your update I can't help but have tears in my eyes. You are so strong in the midst of adversity. I know that I don't know what you're going through, but I do know what it's like to rely on the Lord and feel so close to him. I've had 3 NICU babies and I yearned for the same things you talked about... normalcy. These babies are so precious and I thank you for reminding me of my blessings. Thanks for the updates. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers continually.

Padilla's said...

So glad he is doing better. You guys amazing me with your strength. I love your sweet family. Brig is truly a blessing and a miracle. Chels, you are an inspiration to me as a mom. I think we can all learn from your whole family. Prayers your way.

Love the Padillas

Tiffany Matthews said...

It is so good to hear that things are going better. I saw the picture that Joe posted on FB and he looks so cute. His eyes are so happy and you can tell what a sweet spirit he has. I think about your family everyday. I hope you feel all the love that so many people have for you and your family.

Jennifer Larson said...

Tarrah's friend or mom from preschool. I know I dont know you very well but I still think about you and your little boy. I'm so glad thing are getting a little better for Brigham. Your an amazing reminder to enjoy the little things in life. Thanks