Friday, June 27, 2008

a miracle>.this.to.this.

This...

to this...

to this...

It is amazing what a womans body can do. how does it know so well? How can it work so hard? a belly can turn into pushing and pushing can turn into a baby...wow...I thank heavenly Father everyday for this miracle of life. :this is what its all about:

Alright, so I was told to give details, and I am finally getting around to it. First of all being a mom is so much fun. 5 days isn't the longest time, but I deffinatly can feel the love a mother has for a child.

details start.
Joe and I went out to Krista and Jeffs house saturday afternoon for a bar-b-que. My family was down so we thought it would be nice to get together. I had been BEGGING joe to see if we can get this baby thing going (even though i was still 2 weeks away). He had just been super busy and didn't want to start it quite yet. Anyway I went and bought castro oil...just in case he changed his mind. Saturday morning we talked about it again and joe finally gave in and said, okay...lets try it. (i had been having labor pains the past several nights in a row, but kept stopping them).
we get to krista's house.
So we drove out to queen creek, called my sisters-got all excited to go walking and take castro oil and get the baby moving. I had been having some good contractions on the way out there and was just Sooo ready to have a baby. I ate lunch- a turkey sandwich (thats it) then drank the castro oil with some leamonaide.(yuck) almost instantly the drink kicked in. it took about 2 hours to really get my cantractions going. My mom had me running up and down the stiars, marching with all the grandkids, it pretty soon i was down on my hands and knees having contractions ever minute for about a minute and a half long! Joe and my dad gave me a blessing and then we were out the door to the hospital.
the drive.
My dad was driving with the hazard lights on because we didn't know how close i was...It felt SOO close. but he was going fast, we made it to the hospital in a good time. Joe and I were just praying that everything would go okay. I was so nervous thinking i was going to be having a baby very soon. We got to the hospital at about 5 p.m. as soon as we got there the nurses saw that something was wrong, so instantly they got me in got the monitor hooked up and gave me an epideral. (what a blessing) I got back to my room and they checked the babys heart beat...
the scary part.
All a sudden they start rolling me every which way, getting me on my hands and knees- not to mention i cant feel my legs... so theres 5 nurses all holding me up trying to rock me back and forth. I had no idea at the time what was going on, but soon came to find out they couldn't find the babies heart beat. in the mean while...while they were rocking me back and forth another nurse was giving me a shot of something in my arm...they put an oxygen mask to my face. The shot was to speed up my heart beat so the contractions would die down and stop. Finally they flipped me back over onto my back and asked me if i took castro oil. I told them yes, and they briefly explained to me how dangerous that can be. When your uterus contrats that much that fast, the baby doesn't have time to breath between each one. So it tottaly slowed her heart beat down and she wasnt doing to good. Later the nurse came up to me and told me i was a minute away from having an emergency c-section. (luckily for that shot in my arm!) My doctor told me that doesn't happen often, but when it does it can have serious consequences. ahh... then Ryah still wasn't tollerating me contrating...so they gave me another shot. every hour they gave me a shot in hopes to tottaly stop my labor.
the 30 hour wait.
since they had already given me my epideral they wanted to see if my body would start labor naturally on its own. then if Ryah still wouldnt tollerate those contractions they would just automatically do a c-section. Joe and I had been praying and praying in hopes to know what to do and in hopes that the doctor would know what do to. So doctor huish came in, everything was looking good, my body had started labor on its own, I was dialating very slowly, but surley. what a miracle! They kept a close watch on Ryah's heart beat...it only dipped a couple times after they had given me 3 shots. so we waited and waited and waited...
my water broke.
Sunday night all mine and joes family came to visit. It was so good for me because I was so stressed out and so frustrated that she still hadn't come and I was still feeling my contrations. an hour before I had talked to joe and I just cried and cried...telling him how done I was. He gave me another blessing and we read from a book together..he calmed me down and reasured me everything was going to be okay. so both of those combinations really helped me to relax and have paitence. Once everyone had left- Joe went to use the restroom...so it was just my mom, the nurse and I sitting in the room...the nurse had just checked me and I was dialated to a 7. but seriously it took me like 3 to 4 hours to dialate to the next number- because they had just slowed me way down. (thank goodness...because ryah is here). Anyway, everyone left the room and not 2 minutes later i felt and heard my water break! Wow, it was so interesting, the nurse checked me again and in 2 minutes I was dialated to an 8. Joe walked in my room and he knew something happend because we were just all so excited! My family got there and by that time i was dialated to a 9.5. It all happend with in like 15 minutes. They called the doctor, then the nurst started stretching me.
at 10:33
I had been pusing with the nurse for about 30 minutes, then the doctor walked in...and I was ready to go! The baby was crowning and everything. My epideral started wearing off and i could feel some horrible pain in my back, but the kind nurse put more meds and and it soon became very easy to push. so thats when our sweet little Ryan came into the world!They put her up on my chest and joe and i were just weeping with joy! Literally weeping. she was perfect. We came to find out she had 2 knots in her cord. and that was alot of the reason why she wasn't getting enough oxygen. My poor baby. but she is here now, in our hands..and how greatful we are to have such a blessed spirit in our home! it is the most joyus thing!
recovery
I am actually recovering quiet well. still very sore, but nothing unusual. i've already lost about 20 pounds. wahoo! haha, breast is best! but everything is looking good and healthy. I am really tired too...but again, nothing unusual. I love being home though. and whoever brought the present by when i wasn't home thank you so much! I dont know who it was, there was no name. but thank you! and thank you jordan and amber for the Delicious meal and the cute welcome home poster! You guys are the best! all i can say is...thank you thank you thank you! AND THANK YOU RYAH FOR MAKING IT SAFELY TO OUR HOME...

14 comments:

Krista said...

Man Chels. What a blessing, Heavenly Father definately had his hand in this. Babies are such blessings! I am SOOOOO greatful everything turned out the way it did, you showed such courage and determination when it was time for Ryah to come into this world! I am so proud of you sister! Ryah is so lucky to have you and Joe as parents!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad to finally hear the story! What a miracle. So now here's a story for you...I have had your shower gift ready for ages but never remembered to get it to you, so Saturday night my husband and I headed over to your house but got lost, so I called Joe (I should get your phone number!) and I explained that we were lost and he casually gave directions and chatted, and I asked if you guys were home and he seriously, so casually said "naaa, they just gave Chelsea and epidural and she's getting ready to push". I didn't know if I should laugh or what! I'm like Joe, oh my word, why on earth are you so calm? He was so nice and gave directions. Haha. Anyway, so glad to hear all is well! So sorry it took so long to get m shower gift to you! And so sorry this comment is so long!! Let me know if I can do anything for ya!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Chelsea I am so happy for you guys!
Seriously, your little girl was going to do whatever it took to get into this world! To be in your arms, to hear your voices, to feel you both. You guys are awesome parents and it's only gonna get better! :]

I'm glad you liked dinner. I was hoping it didn't intrude on anyone wanting already to cook for you guys. :]

Your little Ryah is darling. And Camryn already loves her new friend :]
Let me know when you wanna watch those movies. I'd be more than happy to come keep you company :D

mindy said...

she is ADORABLE!!!! oh my goodness!

so glad everything turned around & worked out! what a scary time!!

CONGRATS! i'm sure you're a great mom already! and joe a great daddy!

how fun!!!

laurice. said...

Congrats Chelsea and Joe! She is Beautiful!

Tiffany Matthews said...

Congratulations on your new baby. What an ordel you faced I am so glad to hear that you and your baby are okay. I love love love how you put those great hair bows on her head. Good job starting this early. Everyone who takes my class says that there babys pull them off and that is when we tell them you have to start right whe they are born. Congratulations agian.
Tiffany Matthes

laura. said...

its offical i have a few of the cutest nieces ever!! haha.

kebroby said...

Joe and Chelsea,
We are very excited for you both and the beautiful new addition to your family. Tyler and Natalie are expecting theirs around July 25th.
We can't wait. Chelsea we hope to meet you and Ryah sometime soon. Even though you don't know us we already feel connected and like you our part of our family as well.
Kim and Barbara Broby

Mandy Abbott said...

Oh man, that's really scary. I'm sglad everything worked out ok! She is a doll and you you guys will be great parents! Enjoy every moment!

Kachelle said...

Oh my gosh! i'm so glad everything turned out alright! she is beautiful!!!!!!! let me know if you need anything. just yell in my direction!

Danielle Christene said...

Congrats guys. She is so adorable. They are so much fun!

Worthen World said...

What a blessing that it turned out so well!! She is absolutely gorgeous. Childbirth is such an amazing miracle. I loved reading the details cause it brought back such intense and wonderful memories.

Taralee said...

She is beautiful! I looked at your blog the other day and meant to leave you a comment with a CONGRATS, but I guess I forgot too. She is seriously so precious. I'm sorry you had such a long and worry-some delivery process. I'm glad everything is ok though. (I can relate...I had pretty much the same experience.)
They truely are little miracles.
Anyway, CONGRATS! Your baby is beautiful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her name.

Tim and Cara Holladay said...

Chelsea,

Ryah is so beautiful and perfect! I'm glad everything turned out ok, sounds like it got pretty intense there for a while. I had no idea castor oil could do that to you. We are so happy for you and Joe. We told Sean about baby Ryah and he responded: 'Well thats awesome Chels had a baby. Tell her I say that's good stuff and I hope everything is well.' Just thought we should deliver the message if you haven't gotten it already from Terri or something.

Anyway, love ya! All happiness to you for all of us.

Love, Cara