Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sedonaaa

Joe's birthday is next Wednesday. (Sep 17) so this weekend I planned a trip to Sedona. It was so much fun. My mom watched Ryah,thanks mom. a few really funny things happend.



-Jeep Tour-(no we did not go on a jeep tour) we camped instead of getting a hotel/motel...and we randomly picked a dirt road to go down... we thought we got far enough away from everything, we were pretty much camping in the middle of no where.. So Saturday morning we woke up. We were getting dressed and putting on our swim suits for the fun day planned...When all a sudden we hear vrrroom vroom...comming up over the side of the hill...hehe..it was a Jeep Tour...So here is Joe and I camping getting into our swimwear and these tourist come driving right by...The road wasn't a major road by no means.. it was like a four wheeler road...all rocky and skinny...and bumpy. How many people can say they were actually apart of the jeep tour in sedona?(we blend in with the scenery right?)



-I made Joe Swear- We went to slide rock, so so fun, but the water was freezing. the weather was perfect the water was just really cold. Anyway... The first time I jumped in was off a small cliff...as soon as i hit the water it was freezing and I tried getting out immediatly, well with the wonderful husband I have he pushed me right back in as soon as I was hunching over to get out. So when i fell into the freezing water I had to think of something quick to get him back. So as soon as I popped my head back up from the water I looked at Joe in all seriousness and said, "Joe, my wedding ring just fell off." He FREAKED...he started looking everywhere in the water like we just lost something really expensive..haha he was like, "Ahh Chelsea, beeeeep....hahaha Yes, I made him swear. after that I busted up laughing and then he knew I was kidding.. but i was lughing for ever. I will never forget the look on his face with his bluish purplish lips and a little buger dangling from his left nostril...(classic)



-Simple Things- Joe told the waitress Terri to come talk to us if she ever got bored. (We ate at The Hitching Post) She was an older woman...She never did..



-Observing-We watched peoples eyes get really big as they slipped and fell on the slippery rocks. And laughed as they laughed. One fella couldnt catch a break. He stood up and fell 3 times before ever really getting his feet underneath him. I think it was just as fun watching people on slide rock then actually going down slide rock.

-Peaches-Yes I met a girl named Peaches.(cute name) She was too scared to jump off a cliff by herself and asked if I would go with her so she wasn't too scared. So I get up to jump with Peaches...I jump and she didn't come with me...haha she was really scared. but she ended up jumping shortly after.



We had a lot of fun. We danced pretty much the whole way home. And talked about how much we missed Ryah. I hope Joe had a happy birthday weekend.

Ps sleeping under the stars is way better then sleeping in a hotel....



-Our Camping Spot


-The Funny People slipping around.-Us observing the funny people.My sweet Birthday boy...-Only a glimps of the beautiful Sedona...

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Chels...what a good little wife you are! your weekend sounds like a blast and I am just hoping you are not saving that Peaches name for your next kiddo!
Hey, if you read this, could you let us know if there will be a shower for Kendra up here?
Thanks dear.

Bekah: said...

Chels! that sounds like a fabulous weekend you planned. you are awesome. happy birthday joe!

Bekah: said...

you are so brave I can't believe you've already left Ryah!

Krista said...

How fun my sista! Sedona is beautiful.. I don't remember if I have ever been there. Glad you made it home safe. Mom said Ryah was just the best baby for her! Maybe before it gets too cold we can go there for a weekend and go camping :) SUPER FUN!

Brette said...

You were in Sedona and didn't even call me! It's ok.... I'm getting used to people coming to Sedona and forgetting I live here. It's kind of a random place to call home. Slide Rock is vicious!! Me, my sisters and mom went last year we all came back with battle wounds. Sore butts, scraped up shins and knees or sore elbows. It was fun though. Happy late birthday to Joe!

Anonymous said...

That post cracked me up! You guys are so awesome! Happy Birthday Joe!

DeWitts said...

How fun! Happy birthday Joe!

Caldwells said...

Looks like tons of fun! I only hope Porter and compete with your gift to Joe. He is feeling the pressure now since mine is on Friday! haha. Slide rock looks like tons of fun. oh... and I hope you got home safely with the gun! :)

LaFon's said...

Your descriptions of your trip are hilarious! Especially the one of joes bluish purple lips with the booger LOLOL!!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Haha how classic of a look with blueish purple lips and a booger! ha ha ha ha I can't stop laughing! Sounds like a blast and YES! Let's get a group together sometime next summer and HIT IT UP!! Booyah!