Oh how I wish I could have met you.
I've been told of your beauty on the inside and out.
I have seen pictures in your biography and and now know of how truthful that is.
Look what a great family you have started.
Mom tells me you were the most pleasant, wonderful woman and have a sure ticket to the celestial kingdom.
I then learned you are a direct descendant of Fredrick G. Williams.
How wonderful it is to know the continuous flow of family and how it extends so.
I received a picture you painted from my mom and fell in love with it.
I hung it in a white shabby frame and I think you would approve.
I often walk into that small bathroom just to look at that painting.
Actually, I do it very often several times a day.
I deeply love this painting,
it makes me feel funny that it is been sitting in the
back of several different closets for over 30 years...unseen.
and finally....it has reached my home
where it belongs.
Thank you so much great grandma.
I cant wait to meet you, where you can teach me to paint those beautiful pictures...
i love you,
love great grand daughter Chelsea Denhalter



Is it not amazing?
i love it.
6 comments:
you are so thoughtful and tender-hearted. i love that about you! it is special that you have the picture and love it so much.
call me! i want to know how you are!
and yes silly joseph found it last week. he must have forgot to tell you! hopefully he didn't loose it, haha. i've been checking the mail anxiously every day, silly joe!
Chels you are so lucky to have that painting! And Yes, I think she would approve! The memories I have of Great Grandma & Grandpa are very few. Grandpa was always sitting in this one rocking chair or golfing on that grass pad he had in the back yard, just big enought to putt on, and yes he tried to teach us. Grandma was always quilting or in the kitchen, quietly but oh so graceful in each task she did. She was so beautiful! I can't wait to be with her again too. She has many things to teach us.
i do love that painting.
can we play this weekend? PLEASE?! "i'll do anything, give up my christmas.... anything!"
It's a great painting. I love having Dixie's paintings. Now I am hoping that Brad's g'ma will give us one of her's. Speaking of G'mas. Here is some info for you
G'ma Dixie just called and asked me to email all my relatives that live here. She really wants us to go to this reunion to meet some of Gerda's relatives.
Hendrickson Renion Feb 14th 6:30 PM. It'll last about an hour and refreshments will be served.
6001 S. Lakeshore, Tempe
W. on 60
S. on McClintock
W. on Baseline
S. on Lakeshore to church
that is a very pretty painting. your great grandmother was a very talented woman. did you inherit her gene and paint too?
Chels that painting is amazing. It kind of makes you feel like you're home.. does that make sense?
I've never met the woman who so carefully painted each stroke, but I feel that things like these, give a brief look into their hearts.
How lucky you are to have a piece of your Great Grandmother.
Post a Comment