Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sometimes life's okay



Were to even begin? I think that saying, "We're Okay" is a good start.

I never knew I could experience such happiness and sadness in a single situation. Brig's funeral was beautiful. It was perfect, just like him. I loved that Aubree was climbing up and down Joe and I while we were giving our talks, and I loved that Ryah tried to grab the microphone while the kids were singing there song. I've come to terms that life is funny, and you really need to enjoy it and find purpose in every journey, even the hard ones, but especially the easy ones.
It's hard to accept that life moves forward. I'm really glad that it does, it's just hard. I feel lucky to know I will eventually get to raise him, but for the time being I get a little thrown off still with no baby in hand. You have to let life move forward and find purpose and meaning... to find happiness. I feel we may have lost Brig for the time being, but have gained so much more in return and for that I am thankful.There are things that I have felt and learned that I never would have comprehended before. Brigham taught me very much with his short life here on earth. I know these newly gained experiences have already helped me be a better person and will continue to help me to remember my purpose in life. So with that I say thank you Brig.

Thank you everyone who came, and who wished that they could have come. If you missed his graveside, the picture above is all the kids letting go of their balloons for Brig. Sweet Klaire gave her balloon a kiss and said that she was "sending" it up to Brigham. We have amazing family and friends and I really can't thank everyone enough. I love you all.

12 comments:

laura. said...

I love you Chels, and love our little lion man. It was so great to be with you, joe and the girls this week. I miss you guys already.

Sandi said...

aww Chels, what a nice post for you to share with us. The funeral was so perfect and I loved the stories that you and Joe shared. I'm proud to know ya!

kasey kaufusi said...

Chelsea I love you! I really wish I could have been there thanks for sharing this, and I am so proud to call you my friend you are amazing in every way.

Hiatt Family said...

Oh, I would love to sit down with you guys & talk sometime Chelsea! The best way that Lincoln & I have been able to describe Jackson's death is that for the 2 weeks after it really felt as if Satan didn't exist. I have never felt so happy or so at peace. Linc & I have never felt so strong as a couple. I have also never felt such an empty void. It's very hard to explain, but I know that you know! We love you both.
Anjane'

Kelsey and Dallas said...

Hey Chels. While I was reading your blog, I looked to the right colummn and read "we're happy because we choose to be" and how true is that? You are making the best of things because you choose to. I'm grateful to know such an amazing girl like you! I wanted to be there so badly, I actually had everything arranged but then being a mommy got on the way of traveling. But I was thinking about you aaalll day. I love you chels!! And next time I'm there (which will be soon!) Im knocking on your door with goodies b/c sometimes that just what a girl needs :) looove ya!

Kelsey and Dallas said...

Hey Chels. While I was reading your blog, I looked to the right colummn and read "we're happy because we choose to be" and how true is that? You are making the best of things because you choose to. I'm grateful to know such an amazing girl like you! I wanted to be there so badly, I actually had everything arranged but then being a mommy got on the way of traveling. But I was thinking about you aaalll day. I love you chels!! And next time I'm there (which will be soon!) Im knocking on your door with goodies b/c sometimes that just what a girl needs :) looove ya!

Unknown said...

what a sweet post. your children are so lucky to have you two as parents-you guys are amazing. Im so grateful for the gospel in my life and seeing how it works so wonderfully in yours. i hope you guys continue to feel comfort throughout your journey. we love ya guys and are still keeping your beautiful family in our prayers.

Caldwells said...

Glad you guys are doing okay. You are both super strong. Love ya.

Caldwells said...

Glad you guys are doing okay. You are both super strong. Love ya.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

You and joe are amazing. Beyond amazing. Brighams service was so spiritual and touching. like Joe said he is for sure a little missionary and has touched so many people and strengthened all our testimonies. I love you guys.

Traci Butler said...

The funeral really was perfect. You and Joe really did a good job and I loved to see you guys as a family even through your talks. I wonder all the time how you guys are doing. I hope you guys are okay as okay can be right now.

Kelli said...

I'm sorry we couldn't be there to support you for his services. We kept sending prayers your way. You are such a strong and faithful person and have been such am example to us all on trusting the savior and his plan of salvation. You are a sweet mama, all three of your kids are so lucky to have you and Joe as parents